Lull

I'll keep this post brief as nobody likes to linger too long on the bad points, the rough side of travelling, but this is all a part of my journey and I want to share it. 

I haven't written for a while now. Cambodia has been a little rough. First John got sick. Then he got better. Then I got sick. Then I got better. Then I got sick again. And here I am, gradually recovering, I can function but I'm weak and tired and if I'm completely honest, craving a local U.K Tesco so I can go in and buy:

Grapes
Wholemeal bread
Bananas
A tropical calipo ice lolly (or a twister)
Lurpack butter
An Elle magazine

So I can sit in the glory of my home comforts and just get BETTER.

But I can't. I have to keep going. I have to look after myself of course, but I have to stop thinking about all these little comforts and focus on what I do have around me so that I don't get homesick. I never thought that I would be halfway around the world, living out my dream, and craving something as mundane as a U.K supermarket. It's crazy how much something negative can change your perspective - if you let it. Getting sick out here was my biggest fear, and it's happened. It's not as bad as I thought, it could definitely be worse. For now all I can do is look after myself, drink water and be patient (which is the hardest part of being sick).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FDA goes to war against teenagers' 'epidemic' use of electronic cigarettes, says another generation is at risk of nicotine addiction

State launches latest ad campaign to get Kentuckians to stop using tobacco; our smoking rate is No. 2 among the states

I MADE IT TO BALI